Monday, May 24, 2010

Bev Jozwiak workshop

Bev Jozwiak bevjozwiak.com is one of my favorite artist and I felt quite priviledged to be one of the lucky one at her 3 day workshop... I had such a great time! I feel I learned a lot, I will share some of her techniques along with the pictures of her finished demos.
Bev is a great teacher, open minded and down to earth.

She uses Fabriano hot press paper, I never painted on that surface and I must say I was quite out of my comfort zone at first! but the sizing is so different, the paint seems to stay on top without being absorbed which makes it more true to life and is very easy to lift. I liked the results so much I will probably continue to use it.


Bev palette is overflowing with fresh or very moist paint, and she puts it on quite thick and sticky with very little water, she tends to paint her dark values first and that makes it easier to judge the overall values.


Bev used gesso for the white on the rooster, that added great texture and a sparkly powder on the tail... more things that I will eventually try on my own...


No comments:

Post a Comment