Thursday, November 4, 2010

Don Andrew Workshop

Last week I had the chance to be part of the workshop with  Don Andrews I enjoyed it very much, there was so much information shared, I felt overwhelmed on the 3rd day.
Day number one was about capturing your light and in watercolors that would be by saving the white of your paper. The lightest light against the darkest dark will be in the dominant area or point of interest, the place where you want the viewer to look.




Don also mentioned that he visualises a red mat around his painting and nothing goes in that "red zone" no lights, no darks, no details.
In Don's quick sketches above, the eye immediately goes to the whites.
Keep posted for another lesson and don't forget to click on follow so you will receive the next post.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Magali, Great Blog! Very interesting. Enjoyed visiting. You have fabulous paintings too. I added on as one of your Follower Friends. Happy Painting, barbara/InkyRacer

    AKA: Crzy4Stamps4Me... (my other hobby, Rubber stamping and quilting)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of Kandinsky...wonderful and fun work!

    ReplyDelete